Setting the jdbc classpath variable for 10g on Java 1.4.2 ( Windows XP Pro )

From: Jean-Benoit MORLA <jbmorla_at_tiscali.fr>
Date: 11 Feb 2005 02:28:49 -0800

Hi
I'm trying to compile this source from Oracle JDBC manuel:
// JDBCVersion.java
// get the Jdbc version from the database connexion

import java.sql.*;
import oracle.jdbc.*;
import oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource;

class JDBCVersion{

	public static void main (String args[])
		throws SQLException	{
		OracleDataSource ods = new OracleDataSource();
		ods.setURL("jdbc:oracle:thin:scott/tiger_at_host:port/service");
		Connection conn = ods.getConnection();
		// Create Oracle DatabaseMetaData object
		DatabaseMetaData meta = conn.getMetaData();
		// gets driver info:
		System.out.println("JDBC driver version is " +
meta.getDriverVersion());
	}

}

I get the compiler errors:
Package jdbc does not exist
Package jdbc.pool does not exist.

I have set the CLASSPATH variable to:
ORACLE_HOME\jdbc\lib\ojdbc14.jar;ORACLE_HOME\jdbc\lib\orai18n.jar as stated in page 2-3 from the Oracle JDBC manual. My java install is in
f:\j2sdk_1_4_2_04
I put this directory first in the PATH variable to avoid the Oracle java compiler which is older.
Maybe I need other more recent jdbc jar files for this version of Java?
Many thanks for your reply.
jbmorla_at_tiscali.fr Received on Fri Feb 11 2005 - 04:28:49 CST