Re: obfuscate an integer and store in a number column

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:35:00 +0000

Hi,
the security requirement is to have the price column which is a number(22) encrypted. I can not change the column datatype because this is to use under oracle ebusiness suite and I think that it's better not to change the column datatype. Maybe I'll try to look at the possibility of having another table to store the encrypted value. But since probably this will be used on more tables I don't know if this will be manageable.

thanks,
pedro