Re: DBMS_AQ

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 10 Feb 2005 07:47:27 -0800

jyu wrote:
> I am trying some sample about oracle AQ. But I run into some trouble.
> When I try to create a procedure in SQLPLUS using the following
script:

> CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE New_enqueue(
> Queue_name IN VARCHAR2,
> Payload IN RAW ,
> Correlation IN VARCHAR2 := NULL,
> Exception_queue IN VARCHAR2 := NULL)
> AS
>
> Enq_ct DBMS_AQ.Enqueue_options_t;
> Msg_prop DBMS_AQ.Message_properties_t;
> Enq_msgid RAW(16);
> Userdata RAW(1000);
>
> BEGIN
> Msg_prop.Exception_queue := Exception_queue;
> Msg_prop.Correlation := Correlation;
> Userdata := Payload;
>
> DBMS_AQ.ENQUEUE(Queue_name, Enq_ct, Msg_prop, Userdata, Enq_msgid);
> END;
> /
>
> It gave me these errors:
>
> 8/12 PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_AQ' must be declared
> 8/12 PL/SQL: Item ignored
> 9/12 PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_AQ' must be declared
> 9/12 PL/SQL: Item ignored
> 14/4 PLS-00320: the declaration of the type of this expression is
> incomplete or malformed
>
> 14/4 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
> 15/4 PLS-00320: the declaration of the type of this expression is
> incomplete or malformed
>
> 15/4 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
> 18/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
> 18/29 PLS-00320: the declaration of the type of this expression is
> incomplete or malformed
>

> How can I resolve it? Thanks in advance.

The user account attempting to create this may not have execute permission on the DBMS_AQ package, and likely there is no public synonym in place.

I ran this on my system (having a public synonym and execute permission) and created the procedure without error.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Feb 10 2005 - 09:47:27 CST