Re: How to add a deleted datafile again

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:35:01 -0600

"Mark D Powell" <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com> wrote:

>Turkbear, normally you can add a new datafile to a tablespace however
>in the thread we are talking about a tablespace that has had a file
>removed from it via the alter database drop datafile command. We had
>to do this in the past but I think we removed all the files associated
>with the tablespace so we may not have had a choice. But because the
>dictionary will have references to the objects stored in the file I
>believe dropping the tablespace including contents will be necessary to
>clean up the dictionary entries and bring the database to a consistent
>view.
>
>HTH -- Mark D Powell

I believe that dropping the datafile that way (as opposed to an someone deleting a file through the Operating System ) should have maintained the dictionary entries regarding that tablespace correctly..No sure though, since I have never have tried that particular action. Received on Thu Feb 10 2005 - 08:35:01 CST