Oracle Reprorts

From: Steve <scp2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:24:35 -0500

Does anyone know of a simple tutorial somewhere I can read to build an oracle report?

I cannot install any additional software other than what we currently have: Oracle 9i, JSP, servlets, java beans.

What can I do to create a simple report using oracle? I have some reports written in beans and jsp. When I need to change the report we must change the beans and jsp. There is a lot of work. I am hoping that Oracle has some utility that I can leverage to simplify this process.

Sure, I can code in this format but at least it's only at one level not at the back-end and front-end. I am hoping I can create a report in Oracle. Then somehow reference the report in Oracle and the report will render to HTML where when the report has 100 pages it'll paginate properly and I don't need to write additional code. Idea is all the general reporting coding would be handled by Oracle and I simply write the code in one place.

One extra thing I need is to export the report to CVS if necessary so users who are into XLS and manipulate the data however they choose.

Please any thoughts are most appreciated. Steve Received on Thu Feb 10 2005 - 01:24:35 CST