Re: DB2 Crushes Oracle RAC on TPC-C benchmark

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:37:17 -0700

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1108002338.603898_at_yasure...

> BTW: You didn't contact me off-line so it is obvious you are not
> serious. Thus I kill-file this thread too. Why don't you go back to the
> DB2 group and play there if they want you. Your lack of sincerity is
> palpable.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

I don't hire outsourcing companies (my clients do), so there is no reason for me to contact you. If any companies that purchase outsourcing services want to contact you, then fine. Don't hold your breath.

You scoffed at $1000 per month, and then claimed that you could get $500 per server, per month, for outsourcing of Network Admin, UNIX Admin, DBA , floorspace (real estate), and facility costs (electricity, etc), so that is what I used in my calculations. So I don't really understand why you are now scoffing at the $500 per month when I multiply that by 16 (number of nodes in the Oracle RAC TPC benchmark), times 36 months for the 3 year cost. Received on Wed Feb 09 2005 - 23:37:17 CST