Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:55:23 -0800

xhoster_at_gmail.com wrote:

> And when your 2 ITL slots in any given block are used up in Oracle....
> And when your undo segments are filled up in Oracle....
>
> Xho

Then you take that red herring out and throw it on the BBQ. A little salsa and it tastes pretty good.

"When your 2 ITL slots ... are used"? What nonsense. We spend about two or three days scratching our heads and contemplating moving to DB2 and then some wiseguy says "increase the value of maxtrans" and then we all go back to surfing the web.

"When you undo segments are filled"? A blivet. This is roughly the equivalent to asking what happens when your hard disks are filled except that when you fill the undo segments nothing bad happens ... either more are allocated or old ones are reclaimed.

You should try reading a bit on a subject before throwing out such rubbish.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington