Re: Frequent log switches during sqlldr batch jobs

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2005 16:30:26 -0800

5:47 am?
wow. one has to get up pretty early in the morning to get in a plug about
archive_lag_target before Connor.

I still like using dbms_job to call a proc to do this so that on the weekends the logs just get switched once and on weeknights that between midnight and 6 am they don't get switched at all. I know that I shouldn't care about this, what does it matter to have those extra dozen log switches a day and the server has nothing better to do over the weekend. Its not like the background processes aren't still writing to the controlfiles every 3 seconds. but for some reason ... it still seems like such a waste. An even bigger waste is to have active session history stuff running to examine what dbms_job is doing (nothing) during those same time periods. I don't take perfstat snapshots during that period of the day, why should ASH both doings its thing then, either?

help.
I hope I don't come back in the next life as a dog that barks at nothing.

-bdbafh Received on Wed Feb 09 2005 - 18:30:26 CST