Re: ORA-01000 max cursors exceeded

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2005 15:53:25 -0800

O9 OEM Top Sessions has a selection for showing the open cursors in your session, so you can see exactly what is going on. Right click on the session and drilldown to open cursors for this session. That's one way, anyways. Right click on the cursor for an explain plan, FWIW.

I was recently using it to look at an app that had 218 cursors open. I don't think it was unreasonable, considering. There were certainly a number that didn't need to be there, and some were quite eye-opening. I have to take back what I said in another thread about never seeing small lookup tables anymore.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
'Perl is another example of filling a tiny, short-term need, and then