Standby database problem - ARC0: Error closing standby archivelog file at host 'myhost.name.com' Code '210'

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:39:11 -0800

Hi,

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

LGWR: prodding the archiver
Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 5846
  Current log# 2 seq# 5846 mem# 0: /ora02/mydir/redo02.log Tue Feb 8 16:24:19 2005

ARC0: received prod
ARC0: Beginning to archive log# 1 seq# 5845
ARC0: Error closing standby archivelog file at host 'myhost.name.com' Code

'210'
ARC0: Error closing archivelog file 'myhost.name.com'
ARC0: Completed archiving log# 1 seq# 5845
ARC0: re-scanning for new log files
ARC0: prodding the archiver
ARC0: received prod

The problem here being "ARC0: Error closing standby archivelog file at host
'myhost.name.com' Code '210'"

What the heck does Code '210' mean?

I've checked the standby database. It has the archivelog file, but it didn't recover from it.
I've set log_archive_dest and standby_archive_dest to the same locations. The permissions are right, else the standby database wouldn't be able to write the archivelog that now exists there. The production database can see the standby database because (see reasons 1 & 3).
And there's enough space on the device to which the archivelog is being written.

I know that the archive log is good 'cause I can manually recover from it: alter database recover automatic from '/my/location' standby database;

I'm using Oracle 8.1.5 on Solaris 2.6 ( production) and Oracle 8.1.5 on Solaris8 (standby).

What am I doing wrong? What? What?

I did a web search but came up with blanks.

--
WARNING:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL