newbie blues

From: barrett bonden <arthurheyman_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:49:51 -0500

downloaded & installed 10g for Winxp . Nothing seems to work ....Trying to start the oracle enterprise
console with "emctl start dbconsole" fails with "env var ORACLE_SID does not exist"

Under services I don't see SID DBconsle ... It's surely installed and running ...I see other oracle services and the admin assistant is there, though how to use it is unclear ....

 .....well - I have managed to get a web login working - login to database orcl - I'm asked for a username and password ; can someone tell me the defaults here ? I recall putting in nothing during the setup , wanting not to be bothered with such things as I was learning ..... Received on Mon Feb 07 2005 - 14:49:51 CST