Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: Valentin Minzatu <v.a.l.e.n.t.i.n.m.i.n.z.a.t.u_at_y_a_h_o_o.c_o_m>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:58:45 -0800

Just to add on the "Oracle's the best" item list: - Data Guard/Streams support DDL, while DB2's corresponding feature does only support DML
- DB2 has nothing similar to Oracle's transportable tablespace feature - DB2 partitioning mimics federated database architecture while Oracle's one is in a shared disk architecture

Questions:
- Is DB2's SQL PL any close to PL/SQL in terms of flexibility, performance, and so on?
- Does DB2 provide with any functionality similar to Oracle's external tables?
- Does DB2 provide out-of-the-box ETL type of functionality such as Oracle's combination of Streams, SQL*Loader, external tablespaces, etc? - Is ther any ASM-like feature in DB2?

I would like not to be the match, but to get answers.

Valentin Minzatu
v.a.l.e.n.t.i.n.m.i.n.z.a.t.u_at_y_a_h_o_o.c_o_m (to reply remove the "." before the "@" and the "_" after)