Re: oracle RAC Setup

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:53:40 -0800

e01osama wrote:

> I am tring to setup a rac by using oracle 9.2
> But there is some problems.
>
> What is this shared disk.
> Is it diffrent from normal hard dirver?

Very different.

> How we can identify this disks?

Not that kind of a question

You can't. With Solaris or AIX you'll likely need to use Veritas. One easy solution is FireWire ... see Howard Rogers notes at www.dizwell.com. Otherwise though likely out of your price range would be to use NetApp which comes cluster aware.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington