ORA-12546: TNS:permission denied / telnet: socket: Permission denied

From: sivaran <sivaran_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2005 14:47:06 -0800

I just want to share my tricky problem we had today. We noticed users not able to login to SQL plus or telnet from them box. Everything else was working fine. You can ftp / login / rlogin etc. Nothing was changed and no new software was installed. We rebooted the server that did not help. Finally we found that it is a permission problem on device file
/dev/tcp
/devices/pseudo

crw-rw-rw- 1 root sys 42, 0 Jan 10 16:15 tcp_at_0:tcp

make sure you have read permission.

Thakns
Siva Received on Thu Feb 03 2005 - 16:47:06 CST