Oracle 10g Installation

From: kumar <sskumarnd_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2005 14:18:01 -0800

Hello Friends,
Having a linux box running Red Hat Enterprise ES version 3 for AMD64/EMT64.
Hardware is Dell PowerEdge 2850 with two Xeon 3GHz processors (supporting EMT64).

Upon installing Linux x86-64, netca and dbca failed. As advised, I made sure that my IP is static (looking at the ifcgf-eth0 files BOOTPROTO=none).
But still I get this error

UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni10 Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jniGetOracleHome

at oracle.net.common.NetGetEnv.jniGetOracleHome(Native Method)
at oracle.net.common.NetGetEnv.getOracleHome(Unknown Source)
at oracle.net.common.NetProperties.<init>(Unknown Source)
at oracle.net.common.NetProperties.getInstance(Unknown Source)
at oracle.net.ca.CmdlineArgs.<init>(Unknown Source)
at oracle.net.ca.InitialSetup.<init>(Unknown Source)
at oracle.net.ca.NetCA.main(Unknown Source)
-bash-2.05b$

Also under the directory $ORACLE_HOME/lib, I made a softlink for libnjni10 to /opt/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/lib/libnjni10.dylib.

But I set $ORACLE_HOME in the oracle user environment (.bash_profile). With that, while I start netca, it ask me to set Oracle home.

I am really running out of ideas. Please somebody throw some light. Received on Thu Feb 03 2005 - 16:18:01 CST