Re: Long Delay before rolling back

From: Roger <OakRogbak_erPine_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2005 07:00:30 -0800

As soon as I posted, I realized I forgot to mention the version. It's 8.1.7.4. I know we need to upgrade, but were in the middle of a PeopleSoft application upgrade and we need to do that first.

Thanks for your reply Mark. I had already seen your rollback document earlier in the week and had saved it to my hard drive quick reference. It is quite informative and I actually gave a printed copy to a co-worker yesterday. The script I had shown basically returns the same info on the used_ublk & used_urec values as the scripts on your link, so I use them both. I do not completely follow what you are talking about when you say to add the case statement to my code. Are you referring adding it to my script to determine what is rolling back, or adding it to the transaction that I may want to kill.

Alter system kill session (sid,serial) from SQLPlus is how it was killed.

As far as trying to access a few of the blocks affected, I did a row count on the table that was supposed to be inserting into for the longest time, and the result was 0 rows! Received on Thu Feb 03 2005 - 09:00:30 CST