Re: ACCEPT in SQL*Plus script

From: Jining Han <jining.han_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2005 03:56:49 -0800

I don't know how you can make a <<EOF EOF block an interactive session, and would wait for a Unix gura to shed some light.

But even if someone can do it, I'd let the interaction happen before getting into SQLPLUS. The code you have right now will waste resources doing a logging and a select if your user doesn't decide to do an update. So I'd do something like

echo "Update rows? (y/n) \c "
read YN
sqlplus /nolog <<EOF

EOF Good luck
Jining Han Received on Thu Feb 03 2005 - 05:56:49 CST