Possible Performance Improvement to Select Statement

From: Paul Izzo <paul.izzo_at_mosca-ag.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2005 02:16:41 -0800

The following select statement works for me but it takes a lot of process time and is rather slow. I'd like to know if there's another way of doing the same query only faster and less process time intensive.

The following script contains 2 queries that use 2 tables. One query is used only to exclude a certain range of data.

select distinct pkvk.CUST_JOB_NR
from pkvk,pkvp
where pkvk.JOB_STATUS != 9

and pkvp.CUST_JOB_NR = pkvk.CUST_JOB_NR
and pkvp.CUST_JOB_TYPE = pkvk.CUST_JOB_TYPE
and pkvk.CUST_JOB_NR

not in (select distinct pkvk.CUST_JOB_NR from pkvp,pkvk

where  pkvk.JOB_STATUS != 9
and    pkvp.CUST_JOB_NR = pkvk.CUST_JOB_NR
and    pkvp.CUST_JOB_TYPE = pkvk.CUST_JOB_TYPE
and    pkvp.POSITIONS_STATUS != 9)