Re: shutdown mmediate gets hung

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:53:09 +0100

Frank van Bortel wrote:

> svrmgrl <<eof
> connect internal
> shutdown abort
> startup
> shutdown immediate
> exit

Isn't that somewhat "dangerous"? (note the double quotes) What's wrong with a simple "shutdown immediate"? I use it on a 9.0.1 database every night since more than three years and I never experienced any hung.

Kind regards,

--
"For every developer that thinks he can create something that is
non-database specific ... there are two people being paid by the