Trouble connecting to 10g via JDBC

From: Lee Chalupa via OracleMonster.com <forum_at_OracleMonster.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 01:46:14 GMT

Running 10g on linux fedora 3. Installed two weeks ago and everything seems fine.

The database and the listener seem to be up and running.

I started using JDBC and I'm having a problem connecting via JDBC. I don't have the problem when I use the "System" user. I do have the problem when I use other, non-system users that I created such as "LTChalupa" user.

System user works fine in all cases.
I can connect on server via SQL*Plus,
from a remote machine via "System" user using JDBC, and using SQL*Plus from the remote machine.

The users I created don't seem to connect via JDBC but otherwise seem to connect fine. For example user "LTChalupa" Using this user, I can connect on server via SQL*Plus, from a remote machine via SQL*Plus,
but NOT from the remote machine via JDBC.

When I use "LTChalupa" user to connect from the remote machine using JDBC, I get an "ora-01017 invalid username/password."

Can anyone give me an idea what might be causing the problem?

lee