Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:36:03 -0800

mostashs wrote:

> Hello all, I am curious to know if anyone has done a trade study on
> DB2, SQL Server, and Oracle databases (all Enterprise editions).
> Basically I am trying to identify which one to chose based on "Ease of
> implementation", Ease of maintenance", "Pricing" and "Ease of technical
> support". The reason I have posted this message is because These
> criterias that I am considering can be obtained only by interviewing
> people who have worked with these products. I appreciate any input I
> can get. Thanks, Shaun

Hi Mostashs. I am starting a flame war and I was wondering if you might have available a few barrels of high-grade aviation fuel and some white phosphorus.

Any study will either be biased by the vendor or not worth the cost of the paper on which it is printed.

You need to evaluate this with your application, with your hardware, with your operating system, with your personnel and overhead costs, or hire a consultant that will.

Anybody got a match?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington