Re: http server causes multiple instances of java.exe

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2005 07:56:33 -0800

Pat Paulson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Oracle 9i Personal and am now running it with jdk1.5.0_01
(I
> did have an earlier version but uninstalled and reinstalled with the
> newer version, hoping for a resolution, but no go). The problem I
have
> is when the HTTP Server is running it keeps kicking of multiple
> instances of java.exe (as seen in the task manager) and drags the
system
> down. As soon as I stop it via Admin Services the java.exe spawning
> stops, as soon as I start it up again...off it goes. I can watch
task
> manager and it adds another java.exe about every 2-3 seconds.

Task Manager won't help you identify what component of Oracle software this process is running. If you have tlist.exe (from microsoft.com), type tlist -t under DOS to identify its parent-child relationship. tlist <pid> to look at the current working directory and command line.
>From some of the system properties defined for this process in CmdLine,
you can tell what process it actually is. tlist -s lists services associated with processes (some of these associations are not shown in tlist <pid>).

Alternatively, use Process Explorer (from sysinternals.com), which also tells you what files the process holds open. Interesting files are usually log files.

Yong Huang
yong321ATyahoo.com Received on Wed Feb 02 2005 - 09:56:33 CST