Starting ORACLE 10g with a .bat in windows XP Pro

From: Jean-Benoit MORLA <jbmorla_at_tiscali.fr>
Date: 1 Feb 2005 06:34:03 -0800

Hi,
So far I managed these two lines in an Oracle_start.bat file: lsnrctl start
oradim -STARTUP -SID orcl
At this point it's possible to connect to sqlplus. Now I would like to start OracleDBConsole as seen in the services list.
The service calls "nmesrvc.exe"
When I type nmesrvc from a dos windows I wait about 30 seconds then I get the error message:
StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed with err 1063 I looked for the oerr utility in the \bin directory but it's not there.
And in the about 200 megs of .pdf and html documentation, the Oracle error messages manual is missing.
Can someone come to my rescue?
Many thanks

jbmorla_at_tiscali.fr

I was exposed to Johnny Winter Live medley: "great balls of fire" Received on Tue Feb 01 2005 - 08:34:03 CST