Re: UTL_SMTP and "E-mail sent time"

From: DGK <Ganesh.Kamath_at_in.bosch.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:29:24 +0530

> There are too many things outside your control when sending mail across
> the Internet to depend on the "sent time" as anything but an advisory or
> best guess.
>
> If it's important to know when the mail was generated, put the
> information directly in the body (content) of the e-mail.
>
> --Mark Bole

I found that the database server's DBTIMEZONE was at default (GMT). Hence I changed it accordingly and restarted the server. Even then, the e-mail's sent time not appearing correctly.

Hence as suggested, I will use the date-time information directly in the body of the e-mail.

thanks for all the replies.

regards,
DGK Received on Thu Aug 26 2004 - 01:59:24 CDT