Re: Oracle TDE Question

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 07:32:00 -0700

Yes. It is supported to have a mix of tablespaces within the same instance. Note that Indexes are not forced to be on the 'same type' of tablespace, so that could be cause for concern and additional administration diligence.

Depending on the hardware, and depending on the encryption overhead it is very reasonable to consider putting non-sensitive data in unencrypted tablespaces. However, with modern hardware, possibly minimal and even negligible impact is possible. As usual - test for yourself, within your own environment.

/Hans