Re: Opinion for using PostgreSQL for production please

From: Igor Neyman <igor.neyman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 11:31:27 -0500

Well, not only DELETEs but UPDATEs also treated differently in PostgreSQL. It's due to the way PG implements MVCC. Oracle has REDO/UNDO, while PG keeps older row versions until they are cleaned up by autovacuum (background process) or "manual" vacuum initiated by the user. This mechanism is very reliable gets improvements with each new version.

We have been using PostgreSQL in production environment for years. We have lots of installations at our customer's sites. Works pretty well, can't complain.

Regards,
Igor Neyman