Re: Opinion for using PostgreSQL for production please

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:50:31 +0000

On 16/02/16 13:17, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco wrote:
> Hello, please can some one share experience on postgres sql :)

While I don't use it myself, nor have I used it at work anywhere, it's certainly in use by the NHS in Scotland.

I'm currently looking at it as I'm between Oracle contracts at the moment and there do appear to be plenty of jobs asking for it, so it must be in use by some people/companies.

I did hear a while back that the NHS had ripped Oracle out and replaced it with PostgreSQL but I might be mistaken on that as I cannot find any proper references.

PostgreSQL have a list of featured customers at http://www.postgresql.org/about/users/ and back in 2008, Yahoo was apparently running a 2 Petabyte database on it. http://www.computerworld.com/article/2535825/business-intelligence/size-matters--yahoo-claims-2-petabyte-database-is-world-s-biggest--busiest.html

Good luck.

HTH Cheers,
Norm.

--