Re: compress dbf backup files

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 12:51:30 -0600

Brian,

They won't be readable while they are compressed but yes, standard compression utilities on data files work just fine.

If you want to make the data much smaller (potentially), you might want to consider compressing the data in the database using basic or HCC. You will get higher compression of the data and you won't have to worry about having to uncompress the data files before using them again.

Seth Miller