Re: Informal poll: What's your avg redo write time?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 16:07:13 -0800

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Rich Jesse < rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com> wrote:

> Knowing that there's over-committing going on, I'm thinking that 0.52ms
> isn't my issue, but what are other folks getting?

I would be ecstatic to see .52ms LGWR writes on any client database.

Too many times the LGWR trace file is full of 500ms plus writes.

Fixing that is not always simple...

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com