Re: Oracle ASM and UDEV

From: Out <mufc01666_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 11:43:51 +0100

Dear,

I need to setup ASM. Because I am using RHEL 7 I cannot find kmod-asm package in repository. I guess is not yet available for RHEL 7 unlike for RHEL 6.6......???? So I am trying to set up UDEV for ASM. My problem is when I need to get disk id for UDEV rules I get nothing, Command is not returning anything.

/usr/lib/udev/scsi_id -g -u -d /dev/xvdj1

My instance is in EC2 in AWS.

Can this be because this is EC2 instance or I am doing something wrong.

Please if someone have experience with this help me.

Thanks

*Aleks*