Re: web enabled ./runInstaller ?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 06:21:59 -0800

I believe that would not be possible. There would be a whole lot of confusing RPM packages. I prefer it this way, where I can install precisely what I need and nothing else. X11 is not a problem, at least until Linux geniuses do not try replacing it with Wayward. I've seen what was done with GNOME 3.x and am on XFCE ever since. Systemd was pushed down our throats and, as a result, I have to reboot my system much more than before. The only thing I don't need in my life is a fundamental change in how Oracle installer works. The likely result would probably be an unstable and undocumented junk like systemd. Java installer is not ideal, that would be a Perl installer, but it's OK