RE: EM access to developers

From: Courtney Llamas <courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:15:04 -0800 (PST)

With CC 12c there's a lot more control on permissions, so adding developers is more of a reality now ;) You can grant them connect read-only, which only allows a read-only view. Anything that requires write will be blocked - including submitting a SQL tuning job via EM. If you want them to be able to run the SQL Tuning Advisor, they'd have to have regular connect.

I recently posted this about permissions for DB perf items http://courtneyllamas.com/enterprise-manager-patching-faq/ which is what i recommend for most my customers when they want a developer role. The key is understanding there's a difference between EM permissions and DB permissions.

From: Ryan January [mailto:rjanuary_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 11:20 AM
To: kylelf_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: EM access to developers

While we haven't pulled the trigger yet, we are talking about it with much greater frequency.

It's on the list of things to do for a short list of educated developers.

On Jan 30, 2015, at 11:15 AM, kyle Hailey <HYPERLINK "mailto:kylelf_at_gmail.com"kylelf_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Quick poll : how many folks give developers logins to EM?

Last I was talking to people about 4 years ago no one was doing that. Have times changed?

I know EM Express looks perfect for developers but I'm asking about access to regular EM.

Thanks

Kyle Hailey

HYPERLINK "http://kylehailey.com/"http://kylehailey.com