Re: Hiding data model

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 05:57:57 -0700

Harmandeep,

Nothing can be "hidden" from the SYSDBA privilege in Oracle database. VPD is not enabled for SYSDBA, either.

Hope this helps...

Thanks!

-Tim

P.S. I know I shouldn't ask, and you may have to kill me rather than reveal the secret, but I'm going to ask anyway: what is so special about the data model?

P.P.S. Codd's fourth law for RDBMS is to access the metadata using the same language as used for data access. So it's not just Oracle, it's SQL.

P.P.P.S. If you really want to obfuscate the data model, then perhaps consider a schemaless NoSQL store, such as Hadoop?

P.P.P.P.S. To implement in SQL, perhaps consider the lessons of "https://www.simple-talk.com/opinion/opinion-pieces/bad-carma/"?