Re: ftp'ing

From: Jack Applewhite <jack.applewhite_at_austinisd.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 22:06:46 +0000

Nope. It does ASCII, too. We do a bunch of sftp'ing of ASCII *.csv files to vendors. They're encrypted by sftp, but leave us as ASCII and end up there as ASCII.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:27 PM
To: don_at_seiler.us; Chris Taylor
Cc: Brian Zelli; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: ftp'ing

Sftp only does binary...yes?

From: Don Seiler [mailto:don_at_seiler.us] Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:10 PM
To: Chris Taylor
Cc: Brian Zelli; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: ftp'ing

Yeah I prefer rsync+ssh myself when moving files internally.

Don.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com<mailto:christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Binary.

If you use SSH, you can also use "scp" to secure copy the file. You can also use rsync.

Chris

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote: When I move an exported dump file from one server to another for import, do I move it ASCII or binary?

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

--

Don Seiler
http://www.seiler.us

--