RE: Non-CDB officially deprecated ...

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 15:23:58 -0500

So… when you successfully finish your tests then it will be okay that “Hosting an EM12c Repository” is omitted from the list under the headline

“Which features are not supported at the moment?”

and until then it would make sense to list it there so folks don’t get themselves into trouble with an unsupported EM12c configuration.

Right?

And YES, deprecation is a long term warning of future direction, not a panic button!

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Kellyn Pot'vin Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 1:20 PM To: curtisbl_at_gmail.com; fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Non-CDB officially deprecated ...

OK, now Bobby has forced my hand into the conversation and now I have to slap his... :)

  1. Please read the full disclosure- It simply documents the direction for the next release.
  2. The final testing is going on for PDBs with EM12c. There is just the simple desire to ensure that all tiers of the framework, plugins and 100's of moving parts are tested thoroughly.

Don't make me come over there... :)

 Kellyn Pot'Vin on about.me <http://d3mod6n032mdiz.cloudfront.net/thumb2/d/b/a/dbakevlar/dbakevlar-105x70.jpg>

Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman

about.me/dbakevlar

's jus

~Tombez sept fois, se relever huit!

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 11:03 AM, Bobby Curtis <curtisbl_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Thank makes no sense, especially with OEM (OMR) not being able to be supported on a PDB. Interesting though.

Bobby Curtis, MBA
curtisbl_at_gmail.com
http://about.me/dbasolved

On Jan 22, 2015, at 12:39, Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com> wrote:

I suspected this was going to happen, but was just made aware of the official statement (thanks Mike and Christian for highlighting the info)

From the 12c "Database Upgrade Guide" at https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/UPGRD/deprecated.htm#BABDBCJI

"The non-CDB architecture is deprecated in Oracle Database 12c, and may be desupported and unavailable in a later Oracle Database release. Oracle recommends use of the CDB architecture."

(There is also a note about features that are not ready in CDB architecture at the same location.)

I especially like Mike Dietrich's discussion at https://blogs.oracle.com/UPGRADE/entry/non_cdb_architecture_of_oracle

/Hans