Re: Raw device or Block device?

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 13:12:03 -0500

Hi Michael,

Your best argument is that raw devices are deprecated since Linux kernel 2.6.

See here:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/relnotes.102/b15659/toc.htm#LADBN127

Note, in particular, the first line of section 4.14.1: "With the Linux 2.6 kernel, support for raw devices is deprecated."

That should provide you all the ammunition you need.

Hope that helps,

-Mark