RE: Good Monitoring tool for monitoring Standard Oracle databases(10g/11g).

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 13:26:53 +0000

You may also want to take a look at “Precise”.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of edwin devadanam Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:51 AM To: pioro1_at_gmail.com; Lothar Flatz
Cc: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: Re: Good Monitoring tool for monitoring Standard Oracle databases(10g/11g).

Thanks guys Sreejith,Ronan,Lothar and Marcin Przepiorowski for your valuable thoughts& I really appreciate it. Personally i dont like Nagios its just a basic tool.

I will look for benefits of tool lab128...

Any more suggestions would be welcome

Thanks,
Edwin.K

On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:00 PM, Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com<mailto:pioro1_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Edwin,
+1 for lab128 for performance data
For free tools check - oraSASH - http://pioro.github.io/orasash/

Check what Spotlight can give you for SE - I didn't use it for while but as far as I remember it was using data from AWR / ASH which are not available in SE. If you are thinking about general monitoring - you can use Nagios regards,
Marcin Przepiorowski

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Lothar Flatz <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch<mailto:l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch>> wrote: Hi Edwin,

my vote is on lab128 if you want a substitute for diagnostics and tuning pack.

Lothar
Am 30.12.2014 um 08:51 schrieb Ronan Merrick: Hi Edwin,
I used Spotlight before. It's not a bad tool. I found it easy to use and it was helpful in pinpointing problems. At the time I also had access to the Toad DBA pack. This replicates some additional missing technology in standard edition e.g load testing and SQL tuning. Ronan
On 30 Dec 2014 02:20, "edwin devadanam" <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org<mailto:dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org>> wrote: Guru's

Any advice to purchase good monitoring tool for monitoring Standard Oracle databases(10g/11g). I would like to know already people have experience/using particular monitoring tool that can be deemed to good/better/best tool available in market yet with competitive price

We are thinking to go with spotlight(dell/quest) monitoring tool but yet to make final call.

would appreciate any response on this.

thanks,
Edwin.K

--