Data Guard - Checking Current Status

From: Michael Cunningham <napacunningham_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 15:03:26 -0800

Hello, we are looking for the best way to check if the standby is up-to-date (or at least how up-to-date it really is) when it is necessary to fail over.

Oracle 12cR1 on Linux

The scenario is the primary server has crashed and we are faced with finding out how up-to-date the standby is. It would be nice to know the scn if possible.

We are configured with standby redo logs in Maximum Performance mode. If this is not enough info please let me know.

P.S. We are currently querying v$dataguard_stats and we can see the datum info, but we are curious if there is better info we could/should be looking at.

--

Michael Cunningham

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Dec 30 2014 - 00:03:26 CET