RE: DWH varchar2(4000)

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 13:26:56 -0500

+42

And knowing which bits and where to optimize is all about understanding 1) orders of operations and 2) the difference between a human waiting for elapsed time to do the next thing and multiple machines kicking in each in turn. Which makes me think of Cary: profiling, so at least after the fact you get a clue about your orders of operation, and method-R, so you track response time when it is important.

mwf