Re: DB Merge Ideas?

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jcdrpllist_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 19:48:52 -0400

Hello Michale, we have several small erps, what we did is to convert to multi-business.
1) This means you add to every table a column specifying the business. In example the database a will be 'A',B', etc. 2) you rename the table ,in example customers to customers_mb 3) you create a function that get the current ebusiness you are using (we use a variable package) db_get_current_business; when logging you set this variable.
4) you create a view, create view select * from custoemrs_mb where business=db_get_current_business;

There are some problems of problems of performance with pushing predicates, but in general everything went ok.
And of course there are other details.