Re: DWH varchar2(4000)

From: Martin Preiss <mtnpreiss_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 17:44:08 +0100

Ricard,

another point that could result in difficulties has been mention by Nicolay Savvinov recently: rows with a potential row length (i.e. the addition of data type sizes of the different columns) that is bigger than the block size result in a row-by-row processing and supress bulk operations: http://savvinov.com/2014/12/15/4k-bug-is-not-a-bug/.

Regards

Martin Preiss