SQL Tuning advisor question

From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 18:06:00 +0000

Hello,

We started seeing a long running query on one of our production environments that kicked off around 10pm every night. The query was running as a user who indicated that they were not working at that time and/or have anything scheduled.

Looking into this more I realized that the connection was coming from one of our test servers, and it looks like it was the SQL Tuning advisor analyzing a statement that uses a database link pointed at production (user has/had a link pointed at production for some data validation they did).

I was a bit surprised to realize that the SQL Tuning advisor in a test environment was accessing a database link like this and hitting our production system for the last 5 nights with the same query. Besides disabling the scheduled task, is there anything we can do to prevent this from happening? I am guessing it is grabbing the SQL from AWR or something

Thanks,
Mike