Re: Simple Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) Questions

From: Lyall personal <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 16:32:23 -0500

Something that i"m coming to learn but TDE is that it has nothing to do with want happens after you log into the database. TDE encrypts column data in the datafiles so you can't use a HEX editor to look at that data.
There is no "Authorized UserA" as far as TDE is concerned. That's all taken care of through permissions, fine-grained or otherwise.
After that, auditing might play a part. ‎Oracle Vault. Data Masking when refreshing test system, etc

Not sure about the second question. We only use Column encryption at our company
HTH
Lyall

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.