Re: Alias VIPS to SCAN

From: Freek D'Hooge <freek.dhooge_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 08:51:16 +0200

Stojan,

At first sight I think it will work, but probably you will get some delay when the scan is down as your client will retry the connection (failing over to oldserver2-vip).
But keep in mind that you need an 11.2 client / libarary to be able to work with scan (and failover correctly), so it could be that you need to upgrade the application anyway.

Despite it will probably work, I would advice to change the configuration and use the scan directly as these quick fixes like aliases have a bad habit of coming back to bite you in the butt.

Kind regards,

--
Freek D'Hooge
Exitas NV