RE: Prevent certain users logging on during specific hours

From: John Hallas <John.Hallas_at_morrisonsplc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:47:58 +0100

That is probably the better way to go longer term but it does require development and testing time Thanks for the input

John

From: Mark W. Farnham [mailto:mwf_at_rsiz.com] Sent: 23 April 2014 13:40
To: John Hallas; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Prevent certain users logging on during specific hours

If you want to minimize the load on your database system, route access through a screen or form (such that access to the actual applications programs and tools like sqlplus is only reachable through the form.)

When it is outside access hours, a version of the form that displays a useful message is displayed instead of the access menu. No interaction with the machine except the display and an exit is required. This can be arbitrarily simple or complex depending on your requirements. Once such a system is in place it also becomes routine to put up a status message for unexpected maintenance windows and save few billion phone calls. When the system is available, you then move on to user validation. So if someone tries to gain access via a different access screen, they will get rejected anyway.

mwf

Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc is registered in England with number 358949. The registered office of the company is situated at Gain Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD3 7DL. This email and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.

If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by replying to the email that you have received in error and then destroy the email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy or rely on the email or its attachments in any way.

This email does not constitute a contract in writing for the purposes of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989.

Our Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase, as may be amended from time to time, apply to any contract that we enter into. The current version of our Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase is available at: http://www.morrisons.co.uk/gscop

Although we have taken steps to ensure the email and its attachments are virus-free, we cannot guarantee this or accept any responsibility, and it is the responsibility of recipients to carry out their own virus checks.