Re: Moving Start SCN for Streams Capture process

From: Stojan Veselinovski <stojan.veselinovski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 08:32:52 +1000

Hi Prabhu,

You can use dbms_capture_adm.alter_capture to move the start scn. I've used this a few times but there are a few quirks to it.

Sounds to me like there may be long running transactions.

You can possibly also use dbms_capture_adm.set_parameter with '_ignore_transaction' to try and skip the problematic one.

Beware you may lose data.

Regards,