RE: Oracle 11G Upgrade

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:29:41 +0000

Good point - and that's just scratching the surface.

But the focus on the concurrency raises another couple of issues for the OP.

1) How is the data generated for the 30 concurrent processes - perhaps the data sets that each process gets are now in a different order because of (e.g.) a change in the execution plan of the query that generated the data; such a change might introduce contention that didn't previously exist.

2) Locking (especially relating to tables with RI) has changed a few times between 9i and 11g - is it possible that processes are spendng time waiting for locks that they didn't have to worry about in 9i ?

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com
_at_jloracle