Re: why are some applications oracle but not RAC compatible?

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:33:08 -0500

I am not sure how you would make something incompatible with RAC. But it is not hard to design an app that is not RAC aware. For example, you could write something that will does not understand fail over. You could also write something that expects to connect only to a specific instance I suppose. If your connection methodology requires connection to an instance instead of a service, you would not be able to take advantage of load balancing. Perhaps there is a way to make software incompatible with RAC, I would be interested to hear what it is.

--
Andrew W. Kerber