Re: Case insensitive searches

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 22:33:17 -0600

On 22/03/2014 7:01 PM, Mark W. Farnham wrote:
> Hans used the standard v_ indicating
> view.

Personally, I think we have it backwards. The View should be the thing exposed to the developers and the application. That allows us to do what we need (column order, generated columns, etc.) at the DBA level, and the developer can do what they need with the business views.

I see no problem with organizations becoming View Happy, as long as they are also willing to do the performance evaluation to use them correctly. ;-)

/Hans