Re: Joining Oracle and SQL Server

From: Fergal Taheny <ftaheny_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 20:45:32 +0000

Hi,

You can create a db link from Oracle to sql server with Oracle heterogeneous services which doesn't need an extra license. Works over odbc. In our case the oracle db was on solaris so we used unix odbc and an open source sql server odbc driver to create the odbc link and then ther is a bit of sqlnet config on the oracle side. You end up with db link to your oracle listener to odbc to sql server.

Works fine.

If your oracle db is on windows then it even easier.

Regards,
Fergal